IN THIS ISSUE:
- January MoM - Speaker John Valance
- TEC 2018 TEC it to the Limit
- TUG's New Meeting Registration System - How it Works
January Meeting of Members
Wednesday January 31, 2018
LOCATION: Monte Carlo Inn, Markham Downtown
7255 Warden Ave (at Denison Street)
Markham, Ontario L3R 1B4
(President & CTO - Division 1 Systems)
5:00 Session 1: - IBM i SQL Stored Procedures and Application Modernization
Among the many modernization technologies available on IBM i, SQL is perhaps the one best known by RPG developers. This session won't focus on how to write SQL statements, but rather how to write scripts that combine SQL statements....read more.
7:00 Session 2: - Connecting the Dots - Web Application Development with PHP, HTML and CSS
New to web development, or trying to get started? Have you taken a PHP course, but are having trouble understanding how to build complete applications for the web? Or maybe you're a manager trying to get an understanding of how web applications work at a high level....read more.
AGENDA for January 31st
4:00 Sign up & Greeting
5:00 Session 1: - IBM i SQL Stored Procedures
6:00 Intermission (Buffet Dinner & Networking)
7:00 Session 2: - Connecting the Dots
8:45 Wrap Up and Door Prize draw
** FREE Parking **
Register at: www.tug.ca/rep/signon.php
Back to Top
Plan to join your peers for two days of intensive professional development, networking and fun at TEC 2018, where we intend to "TEC it to the Limit!" To celebrate our 25th TEC, your TEC committee has arranged for a special new venue (The Toronto Don Valley Hotel) and are inviting the world's top IBM i speakers. We will be providing sumptuous meals, digital handouts, free parking, and much more... Mark you calendar now for Wednesday & Thursday May 30 & 31, 2018, when you will be able to deepen your knowledge on the latest IBM i technologies.
Please note: Our "Uber-Earlybird" promotion has been extended! If you register from now through January 31, 2018, TUG members can take advantage of a $150 discount on the admission fee.
Our developers are working on an enhancement to our new registration system which will allow you to sign on and register multiple people on a single order. However, for the time being, each attendee must create their own profile and register individually. Nevertheless, if you want multiple registrations to be combined on a single invoice, let us know and we will accomodate you. (Sorry for the temporary inconvenience.)
Register for TEC2018 at: www.tug.ca/tec/Reg
Full Conference Rate:
• TUG Members $695 (plus HST)
• Non-members $795 (plus HST)
Early Bird Discounts:
TUG members save $150 on a full conference registration
until January31, 2018 or $100 until March 31, 2018
TEC is the Toronto Users Group’s annual Technical Education Conference. We have a very intense lineup of main themes including, but not limited to:
• IBM i & RPG Application Development
• Performance Management
• Web and Mobile Development on IBM i
• Modernizing your IBM i Applications
• Accessing and Optimizing IBM i data
• IBM i System Management
Back To Top
Register (as a TEC EXPO sponsor) online at:
Download the Sponsor Invitation (PDF) at: www.tug.ca/tec/TEC2018_Sponsor-Invitation.pdf
Download the TEC 2018 conference brochure (PDF) at: www.tug.ca/tec/TEC2018_flyer.pdf
Back To Top
TUG's New Meeting Registration System
We have a new system for registering for TUG meetings. You no longer have to enter your contact information every time you register for a TUG event. You just create a profile using your email address and create a password. Then when you want to register for a TUG event, you simply sign on and click a checkbox beside the event you plan to attend. (Or if you need to cancel, you uncheck that checkbox to unregister for the event.)
Here’s how it works:
- Follow the link to SIGN ON / REGISTER below, or on the TUG Web site main page, or on the TUG Agenda page.
- Click “CREATE PROFILE”, fill in your contact information, and click “ENTER”.
(A verification email will be sent to the email address that you supplied.)
- Close the current window and follow the verify email link in order to activate your new account.
- Enter your email & password and click SIGN ON.
- You can now click on a checkbox beside an event for which you want to register.
(For future events, repeat steps 1, 4, and 5 only.)
• For more information about an event, click the + sign beside the event.
• To see whether you are already registered for an event, sign on and look at the check box beside that event. If there is a check mark there – you are registered. If you are unable to attend, please make sure to cancel your registration (by unchecking the checkbox). Thus, you can help save our members’ money, by allowing us to make an accurate count of seats and meals required.
• At any time, you can sign on and EDIT your PROFILE.
• Optionally, you can add additional email(s) to your profile. This is a good idea because, in case one of your emails becomes inoperable – you can still sign on with an alternate email & password. (By the way, you can use the same password for multiple emails if you wish).
• The email(s) that you use to sign on do not affect your subscription to the TUG Buzz, or other email lists from TUG. This is a separate process. To subscribe, see “SUBSCRIBE TO TUG BUZZ” under the “FUNCTIONS” pull-down menu.
Back To Top
Sign up now for iDevCloud! You will be able to:
- Share between multiple developers
- Get private library and storage
- Have access to most of the IBM i development tools
- Have all compilers for IBM i tools available
The Performance is monitored by system managers with adjustments as needed. The system is accessible at anytime from anywhere in the world. Just a computer and an internet connection are needed. Any work done on the system stays on the system until removed by its owner.
Contact Leo Lefebvre at email@example.com to get started.
(*Free startup for TUG members.)
Back To Top
Stay Connected with TUG
The Toronto Users Group is committed to providing you with communications that are timely, relevant, and insightful.
Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL), which became effective July 1st, requires that we receive your permission to continue sending you emails.
You may have already given us your consent. If you haven't done so yet, or if you're not sure, please click on the following link to indicate that you would like to continue receiving electronic communications from TUG.
Should you change your mind, you can unsubscribe at any time, by clicking on "manage your subscription" at the bottom of our messages.
Back To Top
The Toronto Users Group for Power Systems (TUG) is a user group/forum for the exchange of ideas, and specializes in providing affordable education relating to the IBM iSeries, AS/400, System i, and Power Systems platforms. TUG is in its 33rd year of operation.
TUG is the proud recipient of a 2017/ 2018 Maxava iFoundation grant.
Articles & Downloads archives
TUG Buzz! archives