IN THIS ISSUE:
- November MoM - Speakers Jim Kandrac & Eric Simpson
- TEC 2018 TEC it to the Limit
- TUG's New Meeting Registration System - How it Works
- TUG Gold Member Press Release - UCG Mississauga Office Opened
November Meeting of Members
Wednesday November 29, 2017
LOCATION: Sandman Signature Mississauga
5400 Dixie Road, Mississauga, ON, L4W 4T4
Top Five Ways To Protect Your Organization From Data Loss & Cyber Hackers
... read more
(IBM Toronto Lab)
RDi 9.6 - October 2017 Announcement!
... read more
AGENDA for November 29th
4:00 Sign up & Greeting
5:00 Session 1: Top Five Ways To Protect Your Organization
6:00 Intermission (Buffet Dinner & Networking)
7:00 Session 2: RDi 9.6 Announcement!
8:45 Wrap Up and Door Prize draw
** FREE Parking **
Register at: www.tug.ca/rep/signon.php
Back to Top
Plan to join your peers for two days of intensive professional development, networking and fun at TEC 2018, where we intend to "TEC it to the Limit!" Your TEC committee is negotiating a special new venue, and are inviting the world's top IBM i speakers. We will be providing sumptuous meals, digital handouts, free parking, and much more... Mark you calendar now for Wednesday & Thursday May 30 & 31, 2018, when you will be able to deepen your knowledge on the latest IBM i technologies.
Please note: If you register from now through December 31, 2017, you can take advantage of a $150 discount on the admission fee, with our "Uber-Earlybird" promotion.
Our developers are working on an enhancement to our new registration system which will allow you to sign on and register multiple people on a single order. However, for the time being, each attendee must create their own profile and register individually. Nevertheless, if you want multiple registrations to be combined on a single invoice, let us know and we will accomodate you. (Sorry for the temporary inconvenience.)
Back to Top
TUG's New Meeting Registration System
We have a new system for registering for TUG meetings. You no longer have to enter your contact information every time you register for a TUG event. You just create a profile using your email address and create a password. Then when you want to register for a TUG event, you simply sign on and click a checkbox beside the event you plan to attend. (Or if you need to cancel, you uncheck that checkbox to unregister for the event.)
Here’s how it works:
- Follow the link to SIGN ON / REGISTER below, or on the TUG Web site main page, or on the TUG Agenda page.
- Click “CREATE PROFILE”, fill in your contact information, and click “ENTER”.
(A verification email will be sent to the email address that you supplied.)
- Close the current window and follow the verify email link in order to activate your new account.
- Enter your email & password and click SIGN ON.
- You can now click on a checkbox beside an event for which you want to register.
(For future events, repeat steps 1, 4, and 5 only.)
• For more information about an event, click the + sign beside the event.
• To see whether you are already registered for an event, sign on and look at the check box beside that event. If there is a check mark there – you are registered. If you are unable to attend, please make sure to cancel your registration (by unchecking the checkbox). Thus, you can help save our members’ money, by allowing us to make an accurate count of seats and meals required.
• At any time, you can sign on and EDIT your PROFILE.
• Optionally, you can add additional email(s) to your profile. This is a good idea because, in case one of your emails becomes inoperable – you can still sign on with an alternate email & password. (By the way, you can use the same password for multiple emails if you wish).
• The email(s) that you use to sign on do not affect your subscription to the TUG Buzz, or other email lists from TUG. This is a separate process. To subscribe, see “SUBSCRIBE TO TUG BUZZ” under the “FUNCTIONS” pull-down menu.
Back To Top
A Message from a TUG Gold Sponsor:
For Immediate Release:
Francine Ciaccia, VP Marketing
UCG Technologies Announces Launch of Canadian Entity & Brings IBM i Cloud Backup & DR to Mississauga, ON Canada
We are pleased to announce the formation of a full Canadian entity, UCG Technologies, Inc. UCG has established office space and secure data centres to ensure all current and future Canadian clients' data is stored and managed within Canadian boundaries by a Canadian company. UCG Founder and President, Jim Kandrac explains, “It is important to our Canadian clients that they retain their data in Canada, due to the U.S. Patriot Act. As we continue to grow in Canada we want to do everything we can to respect that.”
For their inagural event, UCG has been invited by TUG (Toronto Users Group) to deliver a presentation titled "Top Five Ways To Protect Your Organization From Data Loss or Cyber Hackers" on November 29th, 2017 at 5pm at The Sandman Signature Mississauga Hotel located at 5400 Dixie Road in Mississauga, ON - More information and registration. UCG has identified 3,000 organizations that run on the IBM i platform (Power Systems) as good candidates for UCG’s IBM i cloud backup and disaster recovery services. UCG has invested in its own vaults at a co-located facility in in Mississauga, Ontario and will soon be able to scale to more than 100K CPW (Commercial Processing Workloads) on the IBM i running on Power8 servers.
Matt Paterini, Regional Director for UCG’s Northwest US and Canadian operations, will manage sales, marketing and website development for the new territories.
Founded in December 1987, UCG initially provided hardware and leasing services for midrange computer equipment (IBM AS/400). Three decades later, UCG has evolved into a full-service data protection company, with corporate clients in 31 states, Canada, the Caribbean and Europe. Kandrac explains, “Over the years UCG has grown organically by reinvesting and listening closely to our customers. UCG continues to grow at a controlled rate of 20% + per year.”
UCG has expanded into cloud backup, disaster recovery (DR), high-availability (H/A) and security training and services. In addition to IBM’s high-performance Power Systems product line, UCG’s cloud backup, DR and H/A solutions protect platforms ranging in size from 10GB to more than 100TB, with recovery options of as little as one hour, depending upon client requirements.
To learn more about UCG’s services and solutions or to request an analysis and proposal, visit our website at ucgtechnologies.ca or call 800.211.8798.
UCG Technologies, Inc.
Toronto Airport Corporate Centre
2425 Matheson Blvd. East
Mississauga, ON L4W 5KW
2920 Matheson Blvd. East
Mississauga, Ontario L4W 5J4
About UCG Technologies
Founded in 1987, UCG Technologies is a highly specialized Strategic Service Provider of customized Information Technology products and services. These include IBM i Cloud Backup & Disaster Recovery; Hardware DR; Enterprise Security Training; IBM POWER8 Systems; and Enterprise Management Software.
Back To Top
The Toronto Users Group for Power Systems (TUG) is a user group/forum for the exchange of ideas, and specializes in providing affordable education relating to the IBM iSeries, AS/400, System i, and Power Systems platforms. TUG is in its 33rd year of operation.
TUG is the proud recipient of a 2016/ 2017 Maxava iFoundation grant.
Articles & Downloads archives
TUG Buzz! archives