IN THIS ISSUE:
TUG's TEC 2017 "TEC the i Train", will take place Tuesday and Wednesday, May 2 and 3, 2017 -- for the second time at the SAVOY Conference Centre (Monte Carlo Inn) 7255 Warden Avenue in Markham. We will feature the "cream of the crop" -- only the very best IBM i technical speakers.
Take advantage of our Early Bird pricing before March 31st!
Featured TEC 2017 speaker: Jim Denton
Jim Denton is a senior consultant in the Lab Services DB2 for i team where his responsibilities include both customized skills transfer and hands on consulting. Jim specializes in SQL performance, data-centric programming, and database modernization. Jim started his IBM career in 1981 as an S/38 operating system programmer. Before joining the consulting team, his key assignments included ten years as a systems performance specialist, five years as the lead “JDE on i” performance analyst, three years as a consultant at the IBM Benchmark and Briefing Center in Montpellier France, and a total of eleven years as an operating system developer, including five years designing and implementing enhancements to DB2 for i.
• IBM i services – The best of the best
• What's New in DB2 for i
• What's new in IBM i Access Client Solutions (ACS)
• ACS Run SQL Scripts & Other DB2 for i Tools Re-invented
• Time travel with DB2 for i - Temporal tables on IBM i 7.3
• Automating DBE/DBA tasks with DB2 for i Services
• Modernize Application development with SQL Services
• SQL Programming - Procedures, Triggers, and Functions
Register for TEC2017 at: www.tug.ca/tec/Reg
Full Conference Rate:
• TUG Members $695 (plus HST)
• Non-members $795 (plus HST)
Early Bird Discounts:
TUG members save $100 on a full conference registration
until March 31, 2017.
TEC is the Toronto Users Group’s annual Technical Education Conference. We have a very intense lineup of main themes including, but not limited to:
• IBM i & RPG Application Development
• Performance Management
• Web and Mobile Development on IBM i
• Modernizing your IBM i Applications
• Accessing and Optimizing IBM i data
• IBM i System Management
Back To Top
Register (as a TEC EXPO sponsor) online at:
Download the Sponsor Invitation (PDF) at:
Download the TEC 2017 conference brochure (PDF) at:
Back To Top
Sign up now for iDevCloud! You will be able to:
- Share between multiple developers
- Get private library and storage
- Have access to most of the IBM i development tools
- Have all compilers for IBM i tools available
The Performance is monitored by system managers with adjustments as needed. The system is accessible at anytime from anywhere in the world. Just a computer and an internet connection are needed. Any work done on the system stays on the system until removed by its owner.
Contact Leo Lefebvre at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.
(*Free startup for TUG members.)
Back To Top
The Toronto Users Group for Power Systems (TUG) is a user group/forum for the exchange of ideas, and specializes in providing affordable education relating to the IBM iSeries, AS/400, System i, and Power Systems platforms. TUG is in its 32nd year of operation.
TUG is the proud recipient of a 2016/ 2017 Maxava iFoundation grant.