IN THIS ISSUE:
- TUG TEC 2016 - Hotel Info
- TUG Golf 2016 - Book your Foursome Now
- iDev Cloud - Free Start Up
TUG TEC 2016 "TEC it to the Limit"
23nd Annual Technical Education Conference Wednesday May 25 & Thursday May 26, 2016 • this year at a new venue: SAVOY Conference Centre (Monte Carlo Inn) 7255 Warden Avenue in Markham. We will feature the "cream of the crop" -- only the very best IBMi technical speakers, including Jon Paris and Susan Gantner.
Take advantage of our Early Bird pricing before April 30th!
If you will be attending TEC 2016 and would like to stay over night, you will be interested in the following news! TUG has reserved a block of rooms at the Monte Carlo Inn, Downtown Markham.
Please be are aware that there are 2 locations in Markham. Make the reservation for “DOWNTOWN MARKHAM” (7255 Warden Avenue) and NOT the one at 8900 Woodbine.
Room rates are:
• Standard room with 1 King Bed at a rate of $99.90 CAD plus tax per room per night.
• Standard room with 2 Queen Beds at a rate of $109.90 CAD plus tax per room night.
• Please note that the rate quoted is based on double occupancy.
Continental Breakfast (6am - 10am), FREE PARKING, local phone calls and hi speed internet access is included in the rate. There is a restaurant and bar in the property as well as swimming pool and fitness center. The phones are also equipped with IPhone/IPod dock and all rooms have fridge and microwave.
To book a room:
- Mention the group name “TUG Group Block” when making reservations over the phone (905)752-2700 or toll free 1877-752-2788 (US and Canada)
- The hotel will ask for Credit Card to secure the reservation, a pre-authorization of the room & tax plus incidentals will be taken upon check in and will be charged the exact amount upon check out.
- Be sure to to make the reservation before cut-off date which is May 16th, 2016. Reservations received after this time will be based on availability.
- The room preference ( 2 beds)
- Check in time is 2:00 pm and Check out time is 11:00 am
- The hotel has a 24 hour cancellation policy, if for some reason the reservation needs to be cancelled, call the hotel 24 hours (before 4 pm) prior to the arrival date otherwise the credit card will be charged for 1 night as a No Show.
- You can also book online:
If you face any difficulties in making the reservation online, please call the front desk and someone would be happy to assist.
Register for TEC2016 at: www.tug.ca/tec/Reg
Full Conference Rate:
• TUG Members $695 (plus HST)
• Non-members $795 (plus HST)
Early Bird Discounts:
TUG members save $100 on a full conference registration
until April 30. 2016
TEC is the Toronto Users Group’s annual Technical Education Conference. We have a very intense lineup of main themes including, but not limited to:
• IBM i & RPG Application Development
• Performance Management
• Web and Mobile Development on IBM i
• Modernizing your IBM i Applications
• Accessing and Optimizing IBM i data
• IBM i System Management
Back To Top
Register (as a TEC EXPO sponsor) online at:
Download the Sponsor Invitation (PDF) at:
Download the TEC 2016 conference brochure (PDF) at:
Back To Top
TUG Golf Tournament
On Monday June 27th, 2016 we are back at St. Andrews Valley Golf Club in Aurora for the 28th Annual TUG Charity Golf Classic. We need 80 players to secure a Shotgun Start, so give us your support by booking early. Registration is now open at www.tug.ca/reg_golf.php..
Proceeds to Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital
Back To Top
Sign up now for iDevCloud! You will be able to:
- Share between multiple developers
- Get private library and storage
- Have access to most of the IBM i development tools
- Have all compilers for IBM i tools available
The Performance is monitored by system managers with adjustments as needed. The system is accessible at anytime from anywhere in the world. Just a computer and an internet connection are needed. Any work done on the system stays on the system until removed by its owner.
Contact Leo Lefebvre at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.
(*Free startup for TUG members.)
Back To Top
The Toronto Users Group for Power Systems (TUG) is a user group/forum for the exchange of ideas, and specializes in providing affordable education relating to the IBM iSeries, AS/400, System i, and Power Systems platforms. TUG is in its 31st year of operation.
TUG is the proud recipient of a 2015 / 2016 Maxava iFoundation grant.