Wednesday, May 21, 2014
Meeting of Members
Admission: Free to all TUG members ($40 non-members)
Register for the next TUG MoM at: www.tug.ca/reg_meet_form.php
TUG MoM AGENDA
||Wednesday, May 21, 2014
||5:00 pm - Dale Perkins (Mid-Range)
||6:00 pm - Social & buffet dinner
||7:00 pm - Nihal Perera (IBM)
||Living Arts Centre Mississauga
5:00 Speaker: Dale Perkins (Mid-Range)
Topic: Power 8 Update
Abstract: New More Powerful IBM Servers
- Powerful forces are changing how business gets done. Big data and analytics, cloud, and mobile are providing unprecedented opportunities to uncover insights, drive efficiencies and reach clients.
- On April 28th 2014, IBM introduced a new generation of systems with the open innovation of the POWER8 processor and architecture to handle bigger data demands in the cloud — delivering faster insights and an expanded Linux-based open server ecosystem.
7:00 Speaker: Nihal Perera (IBM)
Topic: Announcing IBM i 7.2
Abstract: New Version of IBM i 7.2 IBM® i 7.2 includes the following new enhancements:
- Enhanced security options in DB2® for i
- Many new functions for programmer productivity and expanded function in DB2 for i
- Improved ease of use with IBM Navigator for i
- Enhancements to iAccess Client Solutions
- Extension of security to more applications through new single sign-on (SSO) environments
- Liberty Core as the base for Integrated Application Server
- Support for Zend Server 6.0 on IBM i 7.2
- Performance improvements for the integrated file system
- Extensions to the printing environments
- Expanded Hub functions for Backup, Recovery, and Media Services (BRMS)
- PowerHA® SystemMirror® for i Express® Edition with new HyperSwap® capability
- Support for new Power Systems™ built with POWER8™ architecture and processor
- Additional I/O capabilities including support for WAN over LAN
- Rational® tools enhancements to support Free Format Report Program Generator (RPG)
- Support for the open source file serving solution Samba
Back To Top
TUG Golf Classic 2014
We will be back again at St. Andrews Valley on June 26, 2014, but in order to book the course, we had to promise a minimum of 72 players. So we need everyone to book early.
Download the flyer at:
Register for Golf at: www.tug.ca/reg_golf.php
Back To Top
Sign up now for iDevCloud! You will be able to:
- Share between multiple developers
- Get private library and storage
- Have access to most of the IBM i development tools
- Select i7.1… for now and move to 8.1 as soon as available.
- Have All compilers for IBM i tools available
The Performance is monitored by system managers with adjustments as needed. The system is accessible at anytime from anywhere in the world. Just a computer and an internet connection are needed. Any work done on the system stays on the system until removed by its owner.
Contact Leo Lefebvre at email@example.com to get started.
(*Free startup for TUG members.)
Back To Top
The Toronto Users Group for Power Systems (TUG) is a user group/forum for the exchange of ideas, and specializes in providing affordable education relating to the IBM iSeries, AS/400, System i, and Power Systems platforms. TUG is in its 29th year of operation.
TUG is the proud recipient of a 2013 / 2014 Maxava iFoundation grant.