TUG TEC 2014 "i Can Do IT"
21st Annual Technical Education Conference
April 24-25, 2014 • Seneca @ York
In each issue of TUG Buzz between now and the conference, we will feature one of our fantastic TEC 2014 speakers. This time it's Kent Milligan.
Kent Milligan is a senior DB2 for i consultant for IBM's ISV Enablement team for IBM i. He spent the first eight years of his IBM career as a member of the DB2 development group in Rochester, Minn. Kent speaks and writes regularly about relational database topics. He can be reached at kmill at us dot ibm dot com.
Kent's Sessions at TEC 2014:
• 11C - DB2 for IBM i - What's New
• 12C - Modernizing your DB with SQL
• 13C - Set Base Thinking: How SQL Differs for Record Level Access
• 21C - Taking SQL SELECTs to the Next Level
• 22C - Demystifying SQL Joins
• 24C - Boost your SQL performance with Indexes
• 25C - Understanding and exploiting the DB2 Catalogs
Full Conference Rate:
• TUG Members $695 (plus HST)
• Non-members $795 (plus HST)
TEC is the Toronto Users Group’s annual Technical Education Conference. This year, once again, we will be conducting the event at the York University Keele Street Campus in conjunction with Seneca College, with a new and exciting agenda! We have a very intense lineup of main themes including, but not limited to:
• Performance Management
• Web and Mobile Development on IBM i
• IBM i & RPG Application Development
• Modernizing your IBM i Applications
• Accessing and Optimizing IBM i data
• IBM i System Management
We have invited some of the industry’s top speakers, including: Tim Rowe, Aaron Bartell, Jim Cooper, Susan Gantner, Charles Guarino, Jackie Jansen, Scott Klement, Kent Milligan, Barbara Morris, Jon Paris, Robin Tatam, John Valance, Eden Watt, and many others!
Register for TEC2014 at: www.tug.ca/tec/Reg/index.html
Register (as a TEC EXPO sponsor) online at:
Download the Sponsor Invitation (PDF) at:
Download the TEC 2014 conference brochure (PDF) at:
Back To Top
TUG Golf Classic 2014
We will be back again at St. Andrews Valley on June 26, 2014, but in order to book the course, we had to promise a minimum of 72 players. So we need everyone to book early.
Download the flyer at: www.tug.ca/Golf/TUG-Golf-2014.PDF
Back To Top
Sign up now for iDevCloud! You will be able to:
- Share between multiple developers
- Get private library and storage
- Have access to most of the IBM i development tools
- Select i7.1… for now and move to 8.1 as soon as available.
- Have All compilers for IBM i tools available
The Performance is monitored by system managers with adjustments as needed. The system is accessible at anytime from anywhere in the world. Just a computer and an internet connection are needed. Any work done on the system stays on the system until removed by its owner.
Contact Leo Lefebvre at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.
(*Free startup for TUG members.)
Back To Top
The Toronto Users Group for Power Systems (TUG) is a user group/forum for the exchange of ideas, and specializes in providing affordable education relating to the IBM iSeries, AS/400, System i, and Power Systems platforms. TUG is in its 29th year of operation.
TUG is the proud recipient of a 2013 / 2014 Maxava iFoundation grant.